Past blog hops and challenges

Friday, October 18, 2013

Sharyl's Jewelry Seed Bead & Metal Blog Hop

Today is the day for the reveal for Sharyl's  Jewelry Seed Bead & Metal Blog Hop. 

I have to apologize for the pictures and post tonight.  My internet is down and I had to use my phone for the post.

Sheryl sent me several goodies to play with.  A couple of colored metal disks with earring wires that she made.

She also included a seed bead focal piece made by Shirley Moore. 

Shirley used dark green, honey beige, lime green lined clear area beads and pearly colored faceted beads.

I started with Shirley's focal piece.  I wished I was able to do any of the beadweaving ropes as I thought that would have showed off the focal really well. Since I don't do beadweaving, I strung three different wires  with black, pearly white, and crystal faceted seed beads and then hung the focal from them. 

Next I worked with the metal discs that Sharyl made.  She colored them with a peachy rosey color.  I added some strawberry glass rounds.

Sharyl had also included a strawberry colored pendant along with some multi-colored ribbon.  I had planned to add the pendant to the ribbon and make a short necklace.  I actually went shopping for ribbon ends, put end in the cart, forgot to give them to cashier, and left without them.  As soon as I finish the bonus pieces, I will post the pictures.

Please visit Sharyl's blog for the list of other participants.  http:sharylsjewelry.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Carolyn

8 comments:

  1. Carolyn, first let me say that I'm so impressed you managed to post this entry with your cell phone so it would be up on time! Kudos to you!

    I really like what you've done with Shirley's beaded pieces! I wondered what someone would make from those beaded rings, and your idea is a lovely one! Stringing all those seed beads looks like it would take a good long while, but they make delightful chains for your necklace! Thanks for using my metal pieces for a pair of earrings too!

    I'm sorry about your trip to the store, but I could so relate. It's one of those stories that make my sister and I comment, "I laughed... I cried!" :-)

    Thank you so much for participating in this challenge! Hope you get your internet back soon, but thanks again for posting! --Sharyl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty earrings and necklace! Your seed bead strands pull the colors from the pendants really well and compliment the component beautifully!
    Great earrings - love that pop of pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very glad you created the rope you did, I think it's a wonderful complement to the bead. There was a lot going on in this particular bead. I was very curious to see what would be created with it. I love those easy, go to earrings. I struggle with earrings, and these look perfect! Thanks so much for joining us on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The necklace and earrings are lovely. I love how you used Shirley's component and the sparkly strands are so much fun! The earrings are lovely as well and I love how the bead accents Sharyl's components.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I like the triple necklace, it balances the focal very well! And the earrings are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn, both pieces are lovely, but the earrings are my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carolyn,
    Beautiful pieces. I like how you used simple strung seed bead chains to put the beaded focal piece Shirley made it really lets Shirley's component shine. I also love the earrings that you made using Sharyl's metal components. Wonderful job on both pieces.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyn - I'm so sorry I'm just getting to your post, I've had internet issues too! I LOVE your necklace with Shirley's bead! I think keeping it simple is the perfect design for this bead. Your color choices match perfectly without taking attention away from this gorgeous focal. Your earrings are perfect too! Beautiful job!

    Angi Mullis dj2isme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete