Past blog hops and challenges

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Challenge of Music blog hop


I am a child of the '50s and '60s.  I love the early rock 'n roll songs and most of them are ones that I love to listen to.  I looked for focals that reminded me of songs of that era.  I missed out on a couple items that were in a destash event but found these.  Can anyone guess what I song I was thinking of?



Does the big picture help any?

I don't remember ever dancing to this tune.  It only had one artist that made it popular and I was just a little tyke when this first came out in 1955.  That was the year after my brother was born and we were living in Southern California, a long ways away from where this song was first popular.

The artist was a band that started in 1952 and continued to play until its namesake died in 1981.  Does that clue help any?  It was showcased on one of the popular music shows of the late 50s and early 60s based on the east coast in 1960.

I have included a link to a YouTube of the song:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-qjc17KEsc

Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock - American Bandstand 1960


I don't remember if I ever watched this particular American Bandstand show but I do remember watching the show after school.

I used clock connectors and added black onyx chips to the bottom loop and a green acrylic bead along with a black round bead to the top connecter and made a pair of earrings.

Be sure to visit the other blogs to see what they have made:  3rd-annual-challenge-of-music

Thank you for stopping by.

Carolyn

4 comments:

  1. Rock around the Clock! Love it! The fresh green of those beads and the clocks makes me think of how new this sound must have been back then. I love seeing the old Bandstand reruns from that era. These have a great steampunk vibe to them. Thank you for joining me in the 3rd Annual Challenge of Music. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely earrings, I really like the design and the fun reference to the song in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! That is such a cool song and I love your earrings - they are the epitome of that era - both in design and your post. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool!!! I love them! You are a genius! xox jean

    ReplyDelete