Past blog hops and challenges

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Bead Stampede bead show in Tacoma

I visited the Bead Stampede bead show held at Freighthouse Square in Tacoma WA.  The group of sellers was small but different enough that everyone should be able to find something.




I found some blue vintage German plastic connectors along with some pretty turquoisey blue beads (I forgot to ask what kind they were) that I plan to use with the connectors.  I also found some purple bicone beads.




Then I found some lampwork beads from Lara Lutrick.  She had a nice display of Halloween/autumn beads where I found lots of goodies.




I also found a couple of Christimas beads that she had hidden away.




Lara's next door neighbor (they were sharing a table) Lori Bergmann also had lampwork beads and I found a bunch of spacers that I could use with Lara's beads.  Lori also had brown spacers which I can never find so those were snapped up quickly.  Both ladies are on facebook and are semi-local (they live north of me but not a ridicous distance away) so I think I will be buying more beads from these ladies.

Lori's spacers.




Here's where I ran out of time.  It was 4:45 and they close at 5.  Not enough time to see what the other two or three vendors had or to revisit the other vendors.  I did manage to get in one last purchase from another lampworker, More Than Beads, another semi-local artist.  I always enjoy seeing what Donna has been making.




Thanks for stopping and be sure to stop by the bead show if you are in the Tacoma WA area.

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment