Past blog hops and challenges

Friday, October 23, 2015

Artisan Component Marketplace September Designer Kit reveal

I was one of the fortunate ones that won a set of components from the members of Artisan Component Marketplace for their September Designer Challenge.  

 
I received a set of ceramic beads from Okawa African Beads.

 
 A gorgeous wooden gingko leaf shaped wooden pendant from Dobzie Wood by Burl Girl.

 
I also received 12 inches of antique copper rolo chain

 
and some hand-dyed sari ribbon.

 
 
I knew right away that I wanted to link the chain and ribbon together.  I cut the ribbon in half and put the ends through the last link on each side of the chain.  Then I had to figure out a clasp.  I thought about that for a couple of days and ended up using a wooden bead as a sliding clasp (not sure that I am calling it the right thing) and put the ends of the ribbon through the bead going in opposite directions.
 


I then wore it a couple of days as is because I was having trouble thinking about how to use the beads.



I thought and thought about those beads.



Aren't they pretty!  Not my usual colors but I need to use them and I finally thought about using two on each side of the chain to kind of draw your eye.  These beads have large holes so I had to use bead caps on the ends so that the head pin didn't fall thru.

So here is the result.



How did I do?  Are the pictures the right size?  Too big?  Too small?  How was my design?  Any comments are welcome.

Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to come back on Saturday as I will have another challenge to reveal.

Carolyn



 

No comments:

Post a Comment