Past blog hops and challenges

Friday, April 4, 2014

Today is the letter "D" for the Blogging from A - Z Challenge

Welcome to the Blogging A to Z Challenge.  The idea behind this challenge is to blog for 30 days with Sundays off and using the letters of the alphabet as the inspiration for your subject.  For instance on day one of the challenge you blog about something that starts with the letter “A”.  Day two you blog about something that starts with the letter “B”, etc. until you get to the end of April and the letter “Z”.
I am a jewelry designer and maker and I chose the subject of gemstones and related subjects.  Hopefully I will be able to come up with 26 related topics from “A” to “Z”.  Right now I have a couple of letters that I still need to get a topic for.
Today’s topic starts with the letter “D”.  Druzy or druse is the choice for today.  It is a coating of fine crystals on a rock fracture surface, vein or within a vug or geode.  It occurs worldwide and the quartz druzy is the most common.
  
Druse of uvarovite from the Urals
Pink dolomite druse with yellow calcite crystals
from Lawrence County Arkansas

Pictures and some of the information were gathered from Wikepedia.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you continue to read my blog as I work through the alphabet.

Carolyn


1 comment: